Saturday, May 16, 2015

COlorbar 'Bare' Lipstick

Hii beauties :) how are you all doing? It's saturday and I'm sitting in office with files all around me :| I was down with a very bad flu for the past few days because of which he has been too considerate in giving me a off for 2 days just to overload me with work today :P so as I was getting ready today i thought of reviewing a lippie today..
Ever since I started applying lipcolors I have been trying to search for this one perfect nude shades which does not wash me out but suits me just perfectly.. I bought many nude shades which would just wash me out. I had almost given up but then i was shopping one day and I picked up one of the most talked about nude shade 'Bare' by colorbar velvet matte collection, I expected the same out of this as well that it will not suit me and will wash me out but NO, it looked extremely pretty.. a very pretty nude shade that didn't wash me out, looked just perfect.. I wish this never goes off their collection.

Price: Rs. 299/-

Packing:
This comes in a silver color case with a transparent cap with the color of the lipstick in.the bottom making it easy to spot. It's good to carry around in your bag. The packing is decent keeping in mind the price.
The Colorbar Velvet Matte has huge range of colours.. you literally will find any color you want in it and to be honest I kinda really like these lipcolors! My first one from this range was 'Obsessed Orange' in fact and their was no looking back, that's how much I liked it.



My Experience:

As I said, when I bought this lip color I honestly thought that even this shade would wash me out and would but I was surprised to see how pretty it looked. It is a nude pink shade with kinda blue undertones and as the name suggests 'Bare' it literally sits there on your lips making you look really pretty. This shade can be carried off by any skin tone very easily.
The texture is creamy matte, dry lips may need a lip balm underneath and the pigmentation is good enough, only one swipe is enough for the color, you can go for 2 or 3 swipes if you want it to be a bit darker.
The staying power of this lipcolor is great!  It stays on for good 6-7 hours worth light meals after which it fades away but it leaves a pretty tint. Now these lip colors stain, they stain like anything and you gotta use a good cleansing milk to get rid of them. Apart from this, I absolutely love the color and the texture and the staying power!!


The upper one being one swipe and the lower one being two swipes!!


The Good:
- one of the prettiest nude pink shade
- price :D
- staying power *phuntastic :D*
- leaves a pretty tint when it starts to fade away
- no fuss packing

The not so Good:
- stains

I didn't find any other con except for this and for some staining can be a major issue. I'm not so bothered with it.

Ratings:
:* :* :* :* 1/2 out of 5
I wanted to give it a complete 5 but deducting half a mark for the staining part. I know people have issues with it.

Will I repurchase?
Yes!
Now 'Bare' has given me hopes again that tejre are perfect nude shades made for me and I might just go hunting again but this shade, I'll always wanna have it with me. Also I'm buying more from this range :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment