Friday, May 15, 2015

Revlon PhotoReady Compact

Hello beauties :) how have you been?
Me had great fun today, got a half day from work, yayy ;)  and me and kanika took this opportunity to sit together with a cup off coffee in this awesome rainy weather and work on VFW.. it was so pleasant outside, rain + coffee + VFW.. so while i was thinking of a product review I thought of doing it for the Revlon PhotoReady compact. Read on to know how I like it. 

Price: Rs. 1250/- 

Packing: 

This comes in a black rectangular shaped box with an mirror inside making it very easy for touch ups. The lick shuts tight making it travel friendly. I kinda like it as it's a rectangular shaped box and so the mirror is a bit larger when compared to a circular shaped one. The sponge of this is really good, I'm thinking of washing off the sponge and using it once I'm done with the product. I like the packing of it, simple and smart! 


My Experience: 

It's a creme compact and the SA told me that it can be used as both wet and dry, though i did not try the wet one yet, I shall soon and let you know how it fared but right now I'll stick to the dry use of the compact. This particular shade would look good on olive and yellow undertoned skin.
This is my first cream compact, I was confused which one to buy between lakme 9 to compact and this one but then the shade in the lakme 9 to 5 s not available and so I picked this up. This product, when i say creme compact, is really creamy. I was apprehensive that i would look like a ghost but then no, it blended beautifully and the coverage is decent. Now, one thing here, i do not dare apply this on top of a foundation as that would just mean applying another heavy product on top of one already existing heavy product.


On the days when I don't want to apply foundation and concealer and etc. I simply only use this compact or top this over my bb/cc cream and I like the way it evens out my skin tone and looks really good without giving my face the feeling of being loaded with products.
Now, coming to it's staying power, it lasts for good 5-6 hours though I think in case of the oily skinned beauties, you might need a touch up after 2-3 hours as it's  creme compact and powder compact works the best for you!!

In the left picture there is nothing applied on my hand and in the right side of the picture, Revlon PhotoReady compact has been applied.

The Good:
- evens out skin tone
- amazing sponge
- last long, even in this hot weather
- simple yet smart packing
-  travel friendly and the mirror makes it easy for touch ups

The not so good:
- price! Rs. 1250/- is a lot for a compact
- might not be liked by the oily skinned beauties. The creamy texture might just not work.
- you need to know how much product is required for application, excess might make you look like a weirdo.

Rating:
:* :* :*

Will I repurchase?
Nah! I would want to try out some other creme compact! :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment